Mission Statement

Welcome my little blog, my name is Martin Hookway and this blog is a way for me to log my personal thoughts & views as I am attempting to complete personal & physical challenges each year with other like minded people.

The next Challenge's:

LONDON MARATHON (21st April 2013)
EDINBURGH MARATHON (26th May 2013)
YORKSHIRE MARATHON (20th Oct 2013)

THE ADIDAS THUNDER RUN 24 hour Race
#PROJECT100in24 (27th to 28th July)

I will be running as usual with GPS with Runkeeper & tweeting as I run on @TEAMB_O_B as long as I have phone coverage so all your support will be gratefully received.

I am currently funraising for Rainbow Trust so please dig deep if you can to help this amazing charity.

Rainbow Trust is a Children’s Charity that provides emotional and practical support to
families when their child has a life threatening or terminal illness; immediate
help is available for families 24 hours a day. Support is offered from diagnosis
through treatment and, should a family become bereaved, we continue to support
them for as long as they need us. They help family members cope with the present
and prepare them for the future.
So please dig deep & help this great charity, just think £10 is a meal at KFC so by donating £10 you will not only be helping yourself but you'll also be helping others ;o)

Cheers for taking the time to read my blog, its greatly apreciated, fingers crossed it will bring a smile to your face. My challenges never quite go to plan... ENJOY.

Wednesday 21 November 2012

VLM 2013 TweetUp

Just a quick post as a lot of you are lucky enough to have a place for VLM 2013. I mentioned a Tweetup over the weekend of VLM & have already lost track of everyone who is running or coming down to support so am posting this to so we all can see who is running & what wave (when we know), who is supporting (& where they plan to be) & obviously who fancies meeting up prior to the run or after for a well deserved beer. Just post your comment below this post & lets get the VLM train rolling!

2 comments:

  1. So I'll start as I'm already here... I'm coming down to that there London the day before & will stop until the Monday. I'm up for a meet up before & after but don't have the foggiest about the best places to meet so can someone else shed light on this. I plan to stay near Victoria Station & catch the tube to the start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there :) Going straight to the race in the morning (as I live close enough to be able to go from home) but would be great to meet up in a pub afterwards. Will have a think about where would suit.

    ReplyDelete